05 June 2011

Tilapia, Red Potatoes and Green Beans


Dinner!

I began by cutting some red potatoes, a vidalia onion, a yellow squash, and slicing half of a lime. Then I smashed some garlic cloves. I tossed about 3/4 of the onion and garlic into olive oil over med-high heat, then added the potatoes and sprinkled heavily (errrr.... poured) Italian seasoning over it all. I sauteed this for a couple of minutes, added a small amount of water, covered and reduced heat.


Then I heated some butter (about an inch and half) over medium heat and added the rest of the onions and garlic. When those softened, I laid tilapia fillets, sprinkled with salt and pepper, on top. When the edges turned white, I flipped the fillets over, sprinkled on a little more salt and pepper, and squoze half a lime over the fillets. Then I placed the lime slices on top, and tossed in the squash. I poured in some white wine before I covered. the pan.

Then there are the green beans, boiled in 1/2 cup of water, with a little salt added after cooking, just as the bag indicates.

I squoze the last bit of the sliced end of the lime over everything at the end.



And now I feel like a nearly full-functioning adult what with the grocery shopping, the kitchen cleaning, the cooking, and another kitchen cleaning! Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous! My stomach is *groaning* :)

    ReplyDelete