Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this. It was missing some...some... I-do-not-know-what.
But here it is anyway, just in case I ever want to try my hand at mediocre lasagna again.
I used whole wheat lasagna noodles.
I added a jar (yeah, a jar, that could have been one of my problems with the taste) of Newman's Own Tomato and Basil sauce, after I'd browned a package of ground chicken, a chorizo sausage.
I did the normal layering: a little sauce, layer of noodles, ricotta cheese, sauce, mozzarella cheese, noodles, ricotta, etc. I topped it with some shredded asiago cheese.
Please, if you have suggestions for how to not make this so mediocre, let me know!
Edit: It was slightly better than mediocre the next day.
But here it is anyway, just in case I ever want to try my hand at mediocre lasagna again.
I used whole wheat lasagna noodles.
I added a jar (yeah, a jar, that could have been one of my problems with the taste) of Newman's Own Tomato and Basil sauce, after I'd browned a package of ground chicken, a chorizo sausage.
I did the normal layering: a little sauce, layer of noodles, ricotta cheese, sauce, mozzarella cheese, noodles, ricotta, etc. I topped it with some shredded asiago cheese.
Please, if you have suggestions for how to not make this so mediocre, let me know!
Edit: It was slightly better than mediocre the next day.
Looks good to me! I don't really care for Newman's Own sauces, though.
ReplyDelete