15 May 2011

Roasted Things: pork loin, corn, sweet/regular potatoes, garlic

I was craving a juicy slice of meat while at the grocery store this afternoon. I decided on a pork loin, which I sprinkled with a little salt, followed by copious amounts of thyme and a lemon-pepper mix.
I roasted it, together with the fresh corn on the cob (covered, in a casserole, with butter and more of the lemon-pepper stuff sprinkled on), a sweet potato and a regular potato (for the one who prefers non-sweet potato), and a head of garlic drizzled with olive oil, at 360 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes or so. Oh, and macaroni and cheese for the people who are not me, because sometimes I'm thoughtful.

The lemon pepper on the corn was good and interesting to the palette. Well, it was all really good. And we won't mention which one of us had the head of garlic to herself. Mmmmmm.... roasted garlic....


No pictures of the meat made the cut. Sorry. Who wants to look at pictures of meat anyway?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... you ate all the garlic.. because sometimes you are not thoughtful :) All sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should stop looking at your photos before I eat breakfast :-/ I would really like to eat the faceless pork - it sounds *very* delicious :)

    ReplyDelete