I managed to (mostly) follow a recipe for tonight's dinner (a miracle, indeed). It's from Lynne Rossetto Kasper's How to Eat Supper. I would just copy that recipe here, but that would be even more tedious than following the damn thing in the first place, so I'll just go through it in my own slipshod fashion, making up what I can't remember.
Indgredients
a pound of brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
3 or 4 slices of bacon, chopped
half a handful of tarragon, chopped
a pound of scallops (I used bay scallops, the recipe was for sea scallops)
a medium onion, chopped
a cup of brown rice
a vegetable bouillon cube
olive oil
Procedure
Indgredients
a pound of brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
3 or 4 slices of bacon, chopped
half a handful of tarragon, chopped
a pound of scallops (I used bay scallops, the recipe was for sea scallops)
a medium onion, chopped
a cup of brown rice
a vegetable bouillon cube
olive oil
Procedure
- I brought 2 and a quarter cups of water with the vegetable bouillon cube to a boil, and added the rice, let it boil a couple of minutes, then covered it and reduced the heat.
- I put the brussels sprouts, bacon, and a cup of water and a bit of salt and pepper in a large pan over high heat and let it boil until the water was mostly gone.
- I added about a tablespoon of olive oil, most of the tarragon, and the onion and turned the heat down to medium. I didn't stir it very often, letting the sprouts brown.
- Once the sprouts and onions had browned, I transferred them to a bowl and wiped out the pan.
- I added about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, turned to heat to medium-high, and added the scallops with a bit of salt and pepper.
- I let the scallops cook without disturbing them for a couple of minutes, then stirred them about and left them alone again for another minute or so.
- I put the sprouts mixture back into the pan and let it all cook until the scallops seemed like they were ready to be eaten (at which I point I ate one to make sure).
- I checked that there wasn't any liquid left in the rice, and served it all up, sprinkling the remaining tarragon over it.
That looks DELICIOUS! I may very well try that.
ReplyDeleteYummy
ReplyDeleteAwesome Lisa, keep cooking!!
ReplyDelete