12 April 2011

Tuna Steaks on a bed of Bok Choy with Brown Rice and Mango

Ingredients
a cup of brown rice
a bouillon cube
a couple of tuna steaks (I used just over a pound), soaked in soy sauce with garlic
bok choy, sliced
a few mushrooms, sliced
a bell pepper, sliced thinly
a mango, sliced


Procedure

  • First, I prepared the brown rice, with a vegetable bouillon cube, as usual. 
  • Then, I sauteed bok choy in butter, sprinkled with salt and pepper. I put that aside and sauteed largish chunks of garlic and smallish chunks of ginger in sesame oil. I added the mushroom slices for a few minutes and, in a panic, poured in a little white wine because it needed more liquid. After the mushrooms had softened some, I added the red pepper slices. 
  • I heated more sesame oil in another pan, put the tuna steaks in and let them cook for a few minutes before turning them. Just before the house was completely filled with smoke (oops), I added more oil. After both sides were seared, I added the soy sauce they'd marinated in, which bubbled up quickly, then covered the pan for a few minutes.
  • I served it with a few slices of the mango.

If I hadn't eaten my model, I would insist on another photo shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment