This is a recipe I've been making for years. It comes from a book called Easy Meals: Vegetarian published by Parragon. It's always different because I never have all of the ingredients the recipe calls for. The only thing that stays the same is that it's always good.
Ingredients
olive oil
an onion, chopped
a few garlic cloves, roughly chopped (I like a lot of garlic)
1/2 tablespoon cumin
about a square inch of ginger, grated
9 oz lentils (okay, this recipe has always annoyed me because how the hell am I supposed to know when I've got 9oz of lentils? I just use about 2/3 of a normal sized bag)
2 1/2 cups vegetable bouillon
3 1/2 oz baby spinach leaves (again with the weight - I just throw in spinach until I feel like stopping. It cooks down so small anyway)
a lemon, for the juice
fresh herbs (I used the tarragon, mint, and oregano I have on hand)
Procedure
Ingredients
olive oil
an onion, chopped
a few garlic cloves, roughly chopped (I like a lot of garlic)
1/2 tablespoon cumin
about a square inch of ginger, grated
9 oz lentils (okay, this recipe has always annoyed me because how the hell am I supposed to know when I've got 9oz of lentils? I just use about 2/3 of a normal sized bag)
2 1/2 cups vegetable bouillon
3 1/2 oz baby spinach leaves (again with the weight - I just throw in spinach until I feel like stopping. It cooks down so small anyway)
a lemon, for the juice
fresh herbs (I used the tarragon, mint, and oregano I have on hand)
Procedure
- I heated the oil in a large pan (medium-high) and added the onions.
- After I few minutes, I added the garlic, cumin, and ginger and cooked a few more minutes.
- I then poured the lentils in and added enough bouillon to cover the lentils, brought it to boil, then lowered the heat and simmered until the lentils were tender (20-30 min).
- When the lentils were tender, I added a small amount of liquid, and added the spinach and stirred until it was just wilty. I then added the herbs and squoze a little lemon juice over it. (I'll do it without any tarragon in the future.)
I'm sure it tastes as divine as it looks :)
ReplyDeleteI missed this one -- I love this recipe! Remember I used to ask you for it every week and you got mad? Now I never have to ask again.
ReplyDelete